||Supreme Court Reporter of Decisions
|| Job Vacancy Announcement
Judicial Branch Employment Application
||Illinois Supreme Court - Bloomington
||This position will remain open until filled.
||Minimum Starting Annual Salary $110,000
|Number of Vacancies:
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Reporter of Decisions is a professional administrator with wide-ranging responsibilities for the management of the Office of the Reporter of Decisions of the Illinois Supreme Court. The Reporter of Decisions is appointed by the Supreme Court and serves at the pleasure of the Court. He or she is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the activities of the Reporter's Office, including the analysis, editing, and publication of the opinions of the Supreme Court and the Appellate Court. Duties include supervising a legal and technical staff. The Reporter works independently, and his or her performance is reviewed by the Supreme Court.
- publishing and distributing the official Illinois Reports and Illinois Appellate Court Reports, as prescribed by statute,
- reviewing and editing Supreme Court opinions and rules prior to filing and publication,
- advising the Supreme Court on proper citation and style rules and up-dating the “Style Manual for the Supreme and Appellate Courts of Illinois,”
- reviewing judicial opinions prior to publication and recommending to the author changes in grammar, punctuation, style, structure, or legal analysis,
- licensing the use of copyrighted materials prepared by the Reporter of Decisions Office,
- developing internal policies and procedures for operation of the Office,
- maintaining strict confidentiality regarding the work of the Courts,
- recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising attorneys and technical staff,
- authorizing expenditures within the budget allocated to the Office,
- answering questions regarding procedures and operations of the Office, and
- performing other duties as assigned by the Supreme Court.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: A Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school is required. A Masters in Business Administration or in Library and Information Science, or other graduate or undergraduate degree with a focus on administration, management, or business is preferred. A strong working knowledge of the Illinois judicial branch and the functions of Illinois Courts at all levels, whether based on the practice of law, experience as a judicial law clerk, or other relevant employment, is required. The successful candidate will possess strong skills in written and oral communication, high-level technology skills, and demonstrated leadership in project management. Preference will be given to those with personnel management experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: This is a highly responsible executive level position within the Judicial Branch. The minimum starting salary is $110,000 annually. An attractive Judicial Branch benefits package is offered, including medical, dental, vision, pension plan, life insurance and deferred compensation.
LOCATION: The position is located in Bloomington, Illinois.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Electronic submission is preferred, but not required. Interested persons should submit a letter of interest, resume, professional writing sample, salary history and a completed Judicial Branch Employment Application to:
Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts
Attention: Reporter of Decisions Application
222 North LaSalle Street, 13th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60601
This position will remain open until filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER