Consider a career in child welfare...
and the State of Illinois as your employer
- The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) is the state agency charged with safeguarding the welfare of Illinois children. DCFS is a large, nationally recognized and respected child welfare agency.
- The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services needs qualified candidates for full-time positions as caseworkers, investigators, attorneys, accountants, supervisors, managers, computer programmers and administrative professionals, bilingual applicants strongly encouraged
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Illinois Human Rights Act, state agencies must ensure that the employment process is accessible to persons with disabilities. Specifically, these laws require that the state provide reasonable accommodations upon
request by individuals participating in all steps of the employment process. This includes the initial testing phases of the candidate selection process for state positions as well as the subsequent employment interview process. Any and all accommodation requests by applicants
throughout the state employment process should be appropriately reviewed and considered by human resources staff in state hiring agencies. If you need such an accommodation, please contact the DCFS Office of Employee Services.
- Benefits include: continuing education programs; paid vacation, holidays and sick time; and a retirement/pension program
- Choose from multiple job titles and statewide office locations
Click on the map to see our locations
- Child and Family Intern (Trainee) positions are available in targeted counties for candidates possessing a human service degree but not the required years of experience
- Information on employment opportunities, job qualifications and application procedures, as well as the required employment application are available at www.work.illinois.gov
You may find some answers to your Frequently Asked Questions by clicking here
HIRING and APPLICATION PROCESS
3. SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
5. CMS ELIGIBILE CANDIDATE LISTS BY COUNTY
FREQUENTLY FILLED JOB TITLES AND RELATED DEGREES
Click here to see some of the more frequently filled job titles at DCFS (not a reflection of current positions available). For current available vacancies please visit www.work.illinois.gov.
Individuals interested in employment with the Department of Children and Family Services with questions can contact the Office of Employee Services' Recruitment and Selection Unit for further information at the following:
Email the Office of Employee Services at:
Office of Employee Services
406 E. Monroe, Sta. 373
Springfield, IL 62701
Thank you for your interest in the
Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.