The Interagency Committee on Employees with Disabilities is committed to increasing employment opportunities for people with disabilities by expanding access to training, education, employment supports, assistive technology, and integrated employment. The committee also builds partnerships with federal, state and local agencies to increase awareness of the benefits of hiring people with disabilities, and to facilitate the use of effective strategies.
- Workforce Recruitment Program
- Colleges/Universities Particpating in the Workforce Recruitment Program
- People with disAbilities: the untapped workforce
ICED has copies of a video and DVD dealing with employing people with disabilities. There is also a workbook associated with this program. The video/DVD are entitled, 'People with disAbilities: the untapped workforce' and were produced by the Chicagoland Business Leadership Network. Agencies can borrow these materials for review and use them as a part of their disability training programs without charge. For further information, call or e-mail Susan Allen, at (217) 785-5119, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy
- Chicagoland Business Leadership Network Educational Toolkit
The Educational Toolkit provides many practical tips, local resources and successful strategies that businesses have employed to hire disabled individuals, and expand their market share of customers with disabilities.
- Central Illinois Business Leadership Network