Interagency Committee on Employees with Disabilities
ICED host training sessions throughout the year, it is hoped that the training will serve as a catalyst for positive change and a springboard for collaborations with our partners in education, business, public and social service. The trainings will provide a forum for individuals and organizations to expand their knowledge and perspectives, and an opportunity to increase community resources through the synergy of collaboration.
On occasion, ICED asks experts to provide presentations on subjects of interest to members.
- Lore Baker, of DHS, made a presentation on the status of Employment First activities at the June 1, 2016 meeting of ICED
- Vickie Simpson, Policy Advisor, Illinois Attorney General's Disability Rights Bureau, presents Accessibility Requirements under State and Federal Law on March 9, 2016
- Benro Ogunyipe presents a National Council on Disability overview at the August 6, 2014 meeting
- Margaret Harkness presents Employment First Updates at the June 4, 2014 ICED meeting
- John Marchioro presents Section 503 Rules for Public Contractors at the December 4, 2013 ICED meeting
May 27, 2009
What You Need to Know about the Family and Medical Leave Act
March 29, 2009
Calling on All Veterans to Maximize their Benefits
Agenda, Handout, Video archive, Transcript
February 11, 2009
A New Law for People with Disabilities – What will it mean for you
Handout, Outline, Video archive, Transcript
Reasonable Accommodations June 28, 2006
Robin Jones, of the Great Lakes ADA and Accessible IT
Center, will discuss reasonable accommodation issues and techniques for state employees to prepare themselves for promotions. (Audio Version (mp3) - Reasonable Accomodation)
Successful Disability Opportunities Program
A Webinar Sponsored by ICED and CMS
March 22, 2016, 9 - 10:30 a.m.
Handouts: Accessing the SDOP option through the Rehabilitation Counselor (PowerPoint), Overview of State Hiring Process and Successful DisabilityOpportunities Program (PowerPoint)
State Employment 101: An introduction to the Hiring Process
A Webinar Sponsored by ICED, DOR, and DHIC*
October 24, 2012, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Dan Dickerson, Department of Human Services, Moderator
Handouts: Review of State Hiring Process, Review of State Hiring Process (PowerPoint), SD Brief Points, Alternative Employment Info Guide, Application, Title Listing, DHR and ICED and State Jobs, IDOT Hiring Process, Prevent Problems with your Application, Testing Accommodation Request Form
ICED PRESENTS: THE SCOOP ON PROMOTIONS
June 27, 2012, 1:30 - 4 p.m.
Watch Archived Video of the seminar: Part 1, Part 2, Transcript
Handouts:Agenda, ICED Facts, Promotionasl Application, Bid Form, Work 4 Illinois- Job Posting