There are many ways to approach the media:
- Send news releases, calendar listings, and public services annoucnements (PSAs) to the media.
- Submit letters-to-the-editor, guest columns, and guest editorial pieces.
- Sponsor a news conference on the prevention of abuse of elders.
- Assemble a list of contacts at local newspaper, television and radio stations, magazines, and newsletters. A board member or volunteer may have access to a current media list.
- Encourage local celebrities to do PSAs to raise elder abuse awareness.
- Encourage media outlets with Web sites to add links to agencies that deal with issues related to the elderly.