- 12/ 14 /07 Outstanding senior advocates recognized at 2007 Governor’s Conference on Aging
- 12/ 04 /07 Department on Aging Director provides seniors with tips to stay safe and warm this winter
- 11/ 14 /07 Gov. Blagojevich urges Illinois seniors to apply for Illinois Cares Rx as open enrollment season begins for Medicare Part D
- 11/ 02 /07 Gov. Blagojevich promotes awareness and reminds caregivers they are not alone during Alzheimer's Awareness Month
- 10/ 17 /07 Department on Aging inducts four into Senior Hall of Fame and presents Governor’s Unique Achievement Awards.
Seniors honored for enhancing lives around them and commitment to community
- 10/ 12 /07 Governor Blagojevich reminds seniors and residents with disabilities about winter heating assistance grants.
Priority households advised to apply now before extreme cold hits Illinois; To apply visit www.liheapillinois.com or call 1-877-411-WARM
- 10/ 11 /07 Gov. Blagojevich announces nearly $2.8 million to help seniors and residents with disabilities remain independent in their own homes. Includes double state funding for Home Modification Program to $2.3 million; Additional $500,000 federal grant to help seniors stay independent
- 10/ 09 /07 Illinois Department on Aging honors all long-term care residents during Residents Rights Week in Illinois. Week highlights importance of resident-focused care
- 09/ 24 /07 Illinois Department on Aging hosts 23rd Annual Older Workers Luncheon and Awards Ceremony during National Employ the Older Worker Week. Outstanding workers & employers recognized at luncheon in Springfield
- 09/ 17 /07 Governor Blagojevich signs law to protect and promote the rights of residents of all ages living in long term care facilities. Legislation gives Long Term Care Ombudsmen the option to advocate for residents under age 60
- 09/ 09 /07 State Fire Marshal and Department on Aging highlight senior safety and support programs on Grandparents Day. OSFM’s “Grandparents Fire and Fall Safety Campaign” focuses on senior citizen safety, Aging reminds families about state’s Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Program
- 09/ 05 /07 Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs presents $100,000 Veterans Cash grant to help establish The John Marshall Veterans Legal Support Center and Clinic. 100 percent of proceeds from the Veterans Cash lottery ticket go to help provide wide range of services for Illinois Veterans
- 08/ 27 /07 Governor Blagojevich signs law to help provide disabled individuals more options in long-term care. Illinois successfully secures highly competitive federal grant to rebalance long-term care system for disabled individuals
- 08/ 13 /07 Seniors educated on various services available to them during Senior Day at the Illinois State Fair. Red Hat Society paints Director’s Lawn purple and red
- 07/ 25 /07 State officials announce $1 million to help low income families and senior citizens afford locally grown fruits and vegetables. Farmers in 24 counties to accept coupons for the Illinois WIC and Senior Farmers Market programs
- 07/ 24 /07 Gov. Blagojevich reminds Illinoisans to apply online for Illinois Cares Rx. Urges all seniors to sign up now to avoid interruption in wrap-around prescription drug coverage and lower costs; For more information on Illinois Cares Rx, call the Senior HelpLine at 1-800-252-8966 or visit www.illinoisbenefits.org
- 07/ 19 /07 Department on Aging hosts 21st Annual Elder Rights Conference during Elder Abuse Awareness Month. Outstanding workers & volunteers recognized at conference in Lincolnshire
- 07/ 02 /07 Governor Blagojevich launches annual “Break the Silence” campaign to increase awareness about Elder Abuse. Proclaims July Elder Abuse Awareness Month in Illinois
- 06/ 08 /07 Gov. Blagojevich announces 10,000 Illinois seniors are living safer at home thanks to the Emergency Home Response Service. Service provides 24-hour monitoring for those in need of assistance at home
- 05/ 22 /07 Blagojevich Administration unveils new Veterans Cash Lottery Ticket. Encourages veterans’ organizations to apply for available Veterans Cash grants
- 05/ 21 /07 Nursing Home Violations for the Month of November and December
- 05/ 18 /07 Gov. Blagojevich announces $55.7 million to help more long term care residents return to their homes or community residence
- 04/ 16 /07 Governor Blagojevich announces newly expanded income limits for Illinois Cares Rx
- 04/ 16 /07 State above national average in volunteerism
- 04/ 10 /07 Gov. Blagojevich Encourages Communities Across Illinois to Nominate Outstanding Volunteer Efforts for the 26th Annual Home Town Awards
- 04/ 03 /07 Gov. Blagojevich announces $2.5 million in grants to combat West Nile virus
- 03/ 07 /07 Governor Blagojevich continues his fight for middle class families in his Fiscal Year 2008 Budget Address
- 02/ 05 /07 Governor Blagojevich announces 2007 application for Illinois Cares Rx now available online
- 02/ 05 /07 Gov. Blagojevich calls on U.S. Congress to release additional funds for energy assistance and block proposed federal cuts to LIHEAP funding. Governor reminds Illinoisans to take advantage of statewide warming centers and to apply for energy assistance
- 01/ 29 /07 Department on Aging seeks nominations for 2007 Illinois Senior Hall of Fame
- 01/ 28 /07 Blagojevich Administration announces effort to encourage businesses to hire veterans. Employers will receive a tax credit of up to $600 for each veteran hired
For more information, call the Illinois Department on Aging's Senior HelpLine.
Some files on this site are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. You may download a FREE copy of Adobe Acrobat by clicking the logo below.
PDF Accessibility Tools
The above links for Adobe Acrobat will open a new browser window.