- 12/ 28 /08 Governor Blagojevich Announces $2 Million in Grants to Help Persons with Disabilities Stay in Their Own Homes
- 12/ 23 /08 Advocates Recognized for their Outstanding Service to Older Adults
- 12/ 16 /08 A Last-minute Reminder to Seniors to Sign Up for Illinois Cares Rx by the December Deadline
- 12/ 04 /08 Department on Aging Warns of Scams Against Seniors
- 12/ 03 /08 Blagojevich Administration Unveils Disaster Preparedness Guide for Senior Citizens and People with Disabilities
- 11/26 /08 Department on Aging Thanks Caregivers During National Family Caregiver Month
- 11/ 25 /08 Department on Aging Warns Seniors to Prepare Homes and Get Flu Shots in Preparation for Winter
- 11/ 15 /08 Governor Blagojevich Encourages Illinois Seniors to Apply for Illinois Cares Rx
- 11/ 09 /08 Governor Blagojevich Announces Nearly $200,000 in Research Grants to Study Alzheimerís Disease
- 10/ 31 /08 Blagojevich Administration Now Accepting Applications for Home Energy Grants
- 10/ 27 /08 Dept. on Aging Announces Senior Hall of Fame Inductees; Presents Governorís Unique Achievement Awards
- 10/ 23 /08 Governor Blagojevich Announces Free Rides on Public Transportation for More Than 275,000 Low-Income People with Disabilities Statewide
- 10/ 09 /08 Blagojevich Administration Announces More Supportive Living for Low-Income Seniors, People with Physical Disabilities
- 10/ 05 /08 Department on Aging Touts Rights of Residents in Long-Term Care During Weeklong Observance
- 10/ 05 /08 Governor Blagojevich Reminds Illinoisans to File for Federal Economic Stimulus Payments before October 15.
- 09/ 17 /08 Department on Aging hosts Awards Ceremony in Conjunction with National Employ the Older Worker Week
- 09/ 11 /08 Nearly 150,000 Seniors Get Help from Stateís HelpLine
- 09/ 06 /08 Governor Blagojevich Recognizes Grandparents Raising Grandchildren on National Grandparents Day
- 08/ 26 /08 Governor Blagojevich expands Free Rides program to include people with disabilities
- 08/ 20 /08 Seniors urged to file federal tax returns in order to receive their economic stimulus checks
- 08/ 13 /08 Illinois to develop strategy to encourage civic engagement for seniors
- 08/ 08 /08 "Senior Day" at the Illinois State Fair is set for Monday, August 11
- 08/ 01 /08 Governor Blagojevich signs new law to protect consumers from having their electricity shut off during extreme heat
- 07/ 23 /08 Governor Blagojevich reminds seniors and people with disabilities to sign-up for Illinois Cares Rx and Circuit Breaker to avoid break in coverage
- 07/ 07 /08 Governor Blagojevich reminds families that the state provides cooling centers as safehavens from the heat this summer
- 07/ 01 /08 Gov. Blagojevich launches "Break the Silence" Campaign to increase awareness about Elder Abuse
- 06/ 12 /08 Blagojevich Administration officials launch 2008 Keep Cool Illinois Campaign to help families stay cool, safe, and healthy this summer
- 06/ 11 /08 Department on Aging Announces "National Employ the Older Worker Week"
- 06/ 04 /08 Seniors warned about IRS Economic Stimulus Scam
- 03/ 28 /08 Gov. Blagojevich announces partnership with Center for Economic Progress to help seniors, veterans get their federal economic stimulus payments
- 03/ 18 /08 Gov. Blagojevich announces 2008 State Fair theme: "A Family Tradition"
- 02/ 20 /08 Gov. Blagojevich proposes Fiscal Year 2009 budget focused on boosting Illinois' economy and helping working families
- 02/ 07 /08 Governor Blagojevich announces more than 50,000 seniors pre-register for free mass transit
- 02/ 06 /08 Gov. Blagojevich urges seniors and disabled persons to sign-up for Illinois Cares Rx and Circuit Breaker online now to avoid break in coverage
- 01/ 18 /08 Gov. Blagojevich takes final action on plan to avert CTA doomsday and provide free public transportation to seniors
For more information, call the Illinois Department on Aging's Senior HelpLine.
Some files on this site are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. You may download a FREE copy of Adobe Acrobat by clicking the logo below.
PDF Accessibility Tools
The above links for Adobe Acrobat will open a new browser window.