Helen Turner Scholarship Application
for a scholarship, the applicant must submit the following information
or send this form
to the executive director’s office within the time frame
1. A letter of application stating
• What event you hope to attend
• How it will benefit you
• How it will benefit your museum
• The amount of money you are requesting to cover which
2. A copy of your institution’s most recent budget or equivalent
document showing economic need
3. A letter of support from your immediate superior; if the applicant
is the director of the museum, the letter should come from the
chairman of the board of directors/trustees
4. A copy of your resume or vita
executive director will notify all applicants of scholarship awards.
Payment of IAM fees will be made internally; checks for all other
expenses will be issued to the scholarship winner only after submission
of appropriate receipts.
may be requested to submit a newsletter article, How to...,
or be a part of a workshop or Annual Conference session based
on their experience.
your request to:
Illinois Association of Museums
1 Old State Capitol Plaza
Springfield, IL 62701
have questions regarding the application process contact Donna Sack at 217/524-6977.