Initial Documentation Required for IHPA Review
In order to request the comments of the State Historic Preservation Officer
concerning possible project effects on cultural resources (both structural
and archaeological) for purposes of the National Historic Preservation
Act or the Illinois State Agency Historic Resources Protection Act,
the following information should be provided:
- Names of all funding, licensing or permitting agencies, i.e., IEPA,
COE, HUD, CDBG, OWR, etc.
- Complete description of all elements of proposed undertaking.
- Any relevant permit, project or previous IHPA log numbers.
- Map clearly indicating project location, i.e., city maps, county
maps, (USGS 7.5 minute topograhic maps required for archaeological projects).
- Project site plans and specifications, if applicable.
- Project address, i.e. street address, legal location.
If no structures are in the project area, please indicate
so and provide the following additional information:
- Existing site conditions, i.e., vacant lot, agricultural field (plowed,
planted), pasture, etc.
- Total acreage involved in project.
- Documentation of any prior non-agricultural disturbance at project
site (photos, soils report, etc).
If structures will be impacted by the undertaking,
please include the following additional information:
- Current photos should be color 35mm (not photocopies), or may be
digital, printed on 8½” x 11” paper no smaller than
4” x 4” each, of any standing structures within the project
- Interior photos if project alters interior space and if structures
are over 50 years old.
- Possible date of original construction of structure.
- Any known historical information, i.e., is structure significant
in the community or is it associated with an individual of significance.
This information should be addressed to:
Anne E. Haaker
Deputy State Historic Preservation Officer
Preservation Services Division
Illinois Historic Preservation Agency
1 Old State Capitol Plaza
Springfield, Illinois 62701-1507
Preservation Services Links