||This course will provide first responders with the knowledge and skills to:
Meets OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 Standards, NFPA 472, and approved by the Illinois State Fire Marshal's Office.
- Understand what hazardous substances are and the risk associated with them in an incident;
- Recognize the presence of hazardous substances in an emergency;
- Understand the role of the emergency responder at the awareness level, including site security and control;
- Have an understanding of the U.S. Department of Transportation Emergency Response Guidebook;
- Realize the need for additional resources, and to make appropriate notifications to the community.